Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Wisconsin – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Wisconsin:
- For suspected elder mistreatment in the home, consult the Wisconsin County Elder Adults-at-Risk Help Lines Directory or call the Eldercare Locator at 1-800-677-1116.
- 1-800-642-6552 (For suspected elder homes.)
- For more information on filing complaints regarding care provided in assisted living, home care, etc., or to file a complaint online, visit the Division of Quality Assurance webpage.
State elder abuse statistics and/or other publications, Available Here.
Wisconsin State Government Agencies
The following Wisconsin agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- Wisconsin Adult Protective Services
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: Services for the Elderly
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: Nursing Home Information
- Wisconsin Department of Justice
- Wisconsin Long Term Care Ombudsman
Wisconsin Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors in Wisconsin against abuse:
- Wis. Stat. Ann. §§ 940.285 Abuse of Individuals at Risk
- Wis. Stat. Ann. §§ 46.90 Elder Abuse Reporting System
- Wisconsin Caregiver Misconduct Registry
- Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence Aging & Disabilities Program
- A Guide to Services for Older Adults in Wisconsin
- Guide to Choosing Wisconsin Residential Options
- Wisconsin Caregiver Program
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Texas -...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Kentuck...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Virgini...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Vermont...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Delawar...