Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In New York – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in New York:
- 1-800-342-3009 – select option #6 (For suspected elder mistreatment in the home).
- 1-888-201-4563 (For suspected elder mistreatment in nursing home facilities).
- 1-866-893-6772 (For complaints concerning assisted living facilities).
- 1-800-628-5972 (For complaints concerning home care).
Individuals wishing to report suspected elder mistreatment may telephone the state helplines listed above, or visit the County Department of Social Services Link to contact specific county offices directly regarding suspected elder mistreatment in the home.
For contact information on county Ombudsman programs, visit the New York State Ombudsman Directory online.
State Government Agencies
- New York Adult Protective Services
- New York Long Term Care Ombudsman
- New York Office for the Aging
- New York Office of Attorney General
- New York Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
Laws and Regulations
- N.Y. Soc. Serv. Law Chpt. 381 “Kathy’s Law,” Offenses Relating to Children, Disabled Persons, and Vulnerable Elderly Persons
Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources To re...
Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys - Arkansas Elder Abus...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Georgia...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In West Vi...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Maine -...