Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Nebraska – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected vulnerable abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Nebraska:
- Call the 24-hour toll-free hotline at 1-800-652-1999 OR call your local law enforcement.
- To reach the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program from within Nebraska, telephone 1-800-942-7830. If calling from outside Nebraska, telephone 1-402-471-2307.
Visit the DHHS Office Locations By County Link for county specific contact information.
Visit the Nebraska Long-Term Care Ombudsman Map Link to contact specific regional Ombudsman offices.
Nebraska State Government Agencies
The following agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- Nebraska Adult Protective Services
- State Unit on Aging
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Health Care Facilities and Services Complaints
- Nebraska Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Nebraska Office of Attorney General
Nebraska Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors against abuse:
- Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 28-348–387 Adult Protective Services Act
- Neb. Rev. Stat. § 28-376 Adult Protective Services Central Registry
- Nebraska Office of Attorney General SAFE—Senior Anti-Fraud Education Program
- Nebraska Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Coalition
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Oregon ...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In South C...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Vermont...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Maine -...
Where To Report Elder Abuse And Neglect in Marylan...