Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Minnesota – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Minnesota:
- 1-800-333-2433 (Connects to the Senior Linkage Line, an information and referral line, which will direct callers to appropriate reporting agencies).
- 1-800-627-3529 (TDD/TYY access).
To reach the Minnesota Office of Ombudsman for Long-Term Care, telephone: 1-800-657-3591 (TDD/TTY, please call 711) or 651-431-2555.
Callers wishing to report suspected abuse may use the Senior Linkage Line (above) or contact county agencies directly. According to the Minnesota Adult Protective Services web page, “Eighty-seven counties have their own adult protection units which are responsible for investigating county complaints and providing protective services. State agencies investigate complaints in regulated industries, such as nursing facilities or group homes. Law enforcement units coordinate with state and local vulnerable adult units to investigate maltreatment reports made and investigated.”
Individuals wishing to report suspected elder mistreatment may telephone the state help line listed above, or visit the Adult Protective Services Unit page and navigate the County Directory for Common Entry Point (CEP) contacts.
Minnesota State Government Agencies
The following Minnesota agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- Minnesota Adult Protective Services
- Minnesota Board on Aging
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Department of Human Services Licensing
- Minnesota Office of Ombudsman for Long-Term Care
- Minnesota Office of Attorney General
Minnesota Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors in Minnesota against abuse:
- Minn. Stat. § 626.557 Reporting of Maltreatment of Vulnerable Adults
- Minn. Stat. §§ 256.021 Vulnerable Adult Maltreatment Review Panel
- Minn. Stat. § 609.232 Crimes Against Vulnerable Adults
- Minn. Stat. § 609.2335 Financial Exploitation of a Vulnerable Adult
- Minnesota Vulnerable Adults Mandated Reporter Training
- Minnesota Crisis Curriculum: A Mental Health Manual
- Minnesota elder abuse statistics and/or other publications are Available Here.
- Visit the Minnesota Adult Protective Services web page.
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Nevada ...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In South D...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Nebrask...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Missour...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Alabama...