Find An Elder Abuse Lawyer in Michigan
There are many free, online directories you can use to find and read reviews of local attorneys or you can Google “Michigan elder abuse lawyer” to see a list of attorneys near you. However, you can also contact the Michigan State Bar Association and ask for a referral for a personal injury attorney in your area. Although many attorneys specialize in elder abuse and nursing home neglect cases, the general type of lawyer you need is a personal injury attorney.
- Michigan State Bar Association Lawyer Referral, Phone 800-968-0738
- Michigan Legal Aid Programs and Services
Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Michigan:
To reach the Michigan Long Term Care Ombudsman, telephone 1-866-485-9393.
Individuals wishing to report suspected elder mistreatment may telephone the helpline listed above, or visit the Map of DHS County Offices Link to contact specific county offices directly regarding suspected elder mistreatment in the home.
Find state elder abuse statistics and/or other publications on Michgan.gov.
State Government Agencies
- Michigan Adult Protective Services
- Michigan Department of Human Services—Abuse & Neglect
- Michigan Long Term Care Ombudsman
- Michigan Office of Attorney General
- Michigan Office of Services to the Aging
- Michigan Department of Community Health
- Preventing Resident Abuse and Neglect in Michigan Health Care Facilities
Laws and Regulations
- Michigan Compiled Laws Annotated §§ 400.11 through 400.11f
- Michigan Compiled Laws Annotated §§ 400.586g through 400.586j
- Michigan Executive Order. No.2005-11 Task Force on Elder Abuse
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Montana...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Kentuck...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Rhode I...
Where To Report Elder Abuse And Neglect in Marylan...
List of Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources ...