Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Maine – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Maine:
- 1-800-624-8404 TTY (during business hours)
- 1-800-963-9490 TTY In-State (after hours)
- 1-207-287-3492 TTY Out-of-State (after hours)
- 1-800-383-2441 (For suspected elder mistreatment in long-term care facilities).
To reach the Long Term Care Ombudsman, telephone 207-621-1079 or TTY 1-800-499-0229.
State Government Agencies
- Maine Adult Protective Services
- Maine Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Maine Office of Attorney General
- Maine Office of Elder Services
Laws and Regulations
- Maine Revised Statute Title 22 Chapter 958-A §§ 3470-3493 Adult Protective Services Act
- Maine Revised Statutes Annotated Title 22, § 5107-A Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Maine Bureau of Elder Services: Guidelines for Facilities: In Cases of Sexual Abuse of Vulnerable Adults
- Legal Services for the Elderly in Maine: Elder Abuse: Still a ‘Dirty Little Secret’
- State elder abuse statistics and/or other publications are also Available Here
- Adult Protective Services
Where To Report Elder Abuse And Neglect in Marylan...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Mississ...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Wyoming...
Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys - Arkansas Elder Abus...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Virgini...