Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Iowa – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Iowa:
- 1-800-362-2178 (For suspected elder mistreatment in the home).
- 1-877-686-0027 (For suspected elder mistreatment in long-term care facilities).
To reach the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman, telephone 1-800-532-3213
Individuals wishing to report suspected elder mistreatment may telephone the state help line listed above, or visit the Map of DHS Offices Link to contact specific county offices directly regarding suspected elder mistreatment in the home.
State elder abuse statistics and/or other publications, Available Here.
Iowa State Government Agencies
The following Iowa agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- Iowa Department of Human Services, Dependent Adult Abuse Program
- Iowa Department on Aging, Elder Abuse Program
- Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals
- Iowa Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Iowa Office of the Attorney General
- Iowa Department on Aging, Elder Advocacy and Assistance
Iowa Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors in Iowa against abuse:
- Iowa Code § 235B Adult Abuse
- Iowa Code Title XVI Criminal Law & Procedures, § 726.8 Wanton Neglect or Nonsupport of a Dependent Adult
- Iowa Code Title VI Human Services, § 231.56A Elder Abuse Initiative, Emergency Shelter, and Support Services Projects
- Iowa Code §§ 10A.101 through 10A.801
- Iowa Code §§ 231.41 through 231.44 Long-Term Care Residents’ Advocate
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Virgini...
List of Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources ...
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or explo...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Alabama...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Mississ...