Did someone you love suffer elder abuse or neglect at Windsor Nursing & Retirement Home? Our lawyers can help.
Abuse of the elderly is not acceptable and we fight hard in these types of cases. If you suspect a nursing home or caregiver has caused harm to your loved one in someone elses’ care, contact our law firm today for a free legal consultation.
Talking to us does not obligate you to anything, but we may be able to tell you if you have a claim and the value of your case. If we accept your case, you pay no fee unless we recover for you.
About Windsor Nursing & Retirement Home
Windsor Nursing & Retirement Home is a non-profit, 120 bed Medicare/Medicaid certified skilled nursing facility that provides services to the residents of Yarmouth, Brewster, Dennis, Harwich, Mashpee, Sandwich, Bourne, Falmouth, Nantucket, Warehamn, Plymouth, Carver, Kingston, Duxbury, Fairhaven, and the other towns in and surrounding Barnstable County, Massachusetts.
Windsor Nursing & Retirement Home focuses on 24 hour care, respite care, hospice care and rehabilitation services.
Windsor Nursing & Retirement Home
265 N Main Street
South Yarmouth, MA 02664
Phone: (508) 394-3514
CMS Star Quality Rating
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) rates all nursing homes that accept medicare or medicaid benefits. CMS created a 5 Star Quality Rating System—1 star is the lowest rating and 5 stars is the highest—that look at three areas.
As of 2017, Windsor Nursing & Retirement Home in South Yarmouth Massachusetts received a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
|Overall Rating||4 out of 5 (Above Average)|
|State Health Inspections||2 out of 5 (Below Average)|
|Staffing||4 out of 5 (Above Average)|
|Quality Measures||5 out of 5 (Much Above Average)|
Fines and Penalties
Our Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Attorneys inspected government records and discovered Windsor Nursing & Retirement Home committed the following offenses:
In addition to the above reported deficiencies, the nursing home was also cited for the failure to:
- Have a detailed, written plan for disasters and emergencies, such as fire, severe weather, and missing residents. Based on observation, staff interview and review of the facility’s emergency water and disaster plan documentation, the facility failed to ensure sufficient food and portable water supplies to meet the needs of the residents in a potential emergency were monitored to ensure availability, according to the facility’s Disaster Emergency Water and Feeding Plan.
- Listen to the resident or family groups or act on their complaints or suggestions. Based on the Resident Council group interview and staff interviews, the facility failed to
act upon the Council’s concerns and communicate back to the Council answers to the groups grievances, leaving the Residents with a lack of support and feeling that the group was ineffective.
- Give the right treatment and services to residents who have mental or psychosocial problems adjusting. Based on record review and interviews, the facility failed to ensure they could provide services for 2 sampled Residents (#3 and #12) with mental health, addictive behaviors and/or substance use disorder care needs, prior to admitting residents with these needs,
from a total of 20 residents. For Residents #3, the facility failed to ensure psychiatric and addictive behavioral services were developed and included in treatment plans to assist residents admitted with medical histories that included addictive behaviors and substance use disorder. For Resident #12, the facility failed to provide services to treat [DIAGNOSES REDACTED].
- Prepare food that is nutritional, appetizing, tasty, attractive, well-cooked, and at the right temperature. Based on observation, interviews with residents and staff, the resident group meeting, and for 4 of 5 test trays, the facility failed to ensure meals served were palatable and at appropriate temperatures.
Windsor Nursing & Retirement Home, Nursing Home Neglect and Elder Abuse Lawyers
If someone you love has suffered neglect or elder abuse by a senior caregiver, nursing home, or other care facility, our lawyers may be able to help. Regardless of whether or not criminal charges are filed against an alleged abuser, you may still be able to pursue compensation in a civil claim. Compensation in elder abuse cases may be awarded if someone in the care of another suffers harm due to intentional or negligent actions (including failure to take action).
Abuse of the elderly is not acceptable and we fight hard in these types of cases. If you suspect a nursing home or caregiver has caused harm to your loved one in someone elses’ care, contact our law firm today for a free legal consultation. Talking to us does not obligate you to anything, but we may be able to tell you if you have a claim and the value of your case. If we accept your case, you pay no fee unless we recover for you.
Oftentimes, victims of abuse either cannot or will not speak up for themselves out of fear. If you notice any warning signs or symptoms of neglect of abuse an an elderly person, it is important you contact an elder abuse lawyer immediately. Not only are there statute of limitations on filing a claim, but the sooner we start helping you, the easier it will be to collect evidence and talk to any witnesses before important details are lost, hidden, or forgotten.
Cape Cod / South Yarmouth Nursing Home Neglect and Elder Abuse Attorneys
We offer a free, no-obligation legal consultation to help you understand your rights and the value of your case. Our personal injury law firm takes cases involving elder abuse and neglect. We offer legal service to clients in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New Hampshire.
- Medicare Nursing Home Profile for Windsor Nursing & Retirement Home
- Nursing Home Safety, Health and Inspection Report for Windsor Nursing & Retirement Home – 02/07/2017
- Complaint Inspection Reports Against Windsor Nursing & Retirement Home – 03/31/2017
Page Last Updated: December 23, 2017
Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Cente...
Did someone you love suffer elder abuse or neglect...
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) rates ...
Complaints, fines, ratings for Kathleen Daniel Nur...
Did someone you love suffer elder abuse or neglect...