Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Wisconsin – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Wisconsin:
- For suspected elder mistreatment in the home, consult the Wisconsin County Elder Adults-at-Risk Help Lines Directory or call the Eldercare Locator at 1-800-677-1116.
- 1-800-642-6552 (For suspected elder homes.)
- For more information on filing complaints regarding care provided in assisted living, home care, etc., or to file a complaint online, visit the Division of Quality Assurance webpage.
State elder abuse statistics and/or other publications, Available Here.
Wisconsin State Government Agencies
The following Wisconsin agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- Wisconsin Adult Protective Services
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: Services for the Elderly
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services: Nursing Home Information
- Wisconsin Department of Justice
- Wisconsin Long Term Care Ombudsman
Wisconsin Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors in Wisconsin against abuse:
- Wis. Stat. Ann. §§ 940.285 Abuse of Individuals at Risk
- Wis. Stat. Ann. §§ 46.90 Elder Abuse Reporting System
- Wisconsin Caregiver Misconduct Registry
- Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence Aging & Disabilities Program
- A Guide to Services for Older Adults in Wisconsin
- Guide to Choosing Wisconsin Residential Options
- Wisconsin Caregiver Program
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Idaho -...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Iowa - ...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Vermont...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Maine -...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Alaska ...