Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Oregon – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation occurring in the home or in long term care facilities in Oregon:
- In-State Line – 1-800-232-3020
- Out of State Line – 503-945-5832
Those wishing to report suspected elder mistreatment may also contact the local DHS or Area Agency on Aging office directly. To obtain county specific contact information, consult the Local Offices Directory.
To reach the Long Term Care Ombudsman
- In-State Line – 1-800-522-2602
- Out Of State Line – 503-378-6533
Oregon State Government Agencies
The following Oregon agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- Oregon Adult Protective Services
- Oregon Division of Seniors and People with Disabilities
- Oregon Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Oregon Department of Justice
Oregon Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors in Oregon against abuse:
- Or. Rev. Stat. §§ 124.005-140 Elderly Persons and Persons with Disabilities Abuse Prevention Act
- Oregon Act Relating to Abuse of Vulnerable Persons
- Oregon Governor’s Elder Abuse Task Force Report 2004
- Washington County Sheriff’s Elder Safe Program
- Oregon Division of Seniors and People with Disabilities: Elder Abuse Overview
- Oregon elder abuse statistics and/or other publications are also Available Here.
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Arizona...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Nebrask...
Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys - Arkansas Elder Abus...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Wiscons...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In New Yor...