Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Ohio – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse,neglect, or exploitation in Ohio:
- In Ohio, county Departments of Jobs and Family Services are required to investigate reports of suspected abuse, neglect, and exploitation of adults age 60 and older. Consult the Ohio County Job and Family Services Agencies Directory for county contact information.
Reach the Regional Long-Term Care Ombudsman program, Here.
Ohio State Government Agencies
The following Ohio agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Office for Children and Families – Adult Protective Services
- Ohio Department of Aging
- Ohio Department of Health, Division of Quality Assurance
- Ohio Long Term-Care Ombudsman
- Ohio Attorney General
Ohio Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors in Ohio against abuse:
- Ohio Revised Code Annotated Title LI Public Welfare, §§ 5101.60-72 Adult ProtectiveServices
- Ohio Revised Code Annotated Title XXXVII, Health-Safety-Morals, § 3721 Nursing Homes; Residential Care Facilities
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Washing...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Missour...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In North C...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Virgini...
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or explo...