Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In New Mexico – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in New Mexico:
- 1-866-654-3219 or 505-476-4912 (For suspected elder mistreatment in the home, or for suspected mistreatment occurring in a long-term care facility by a perpetrator NOT employed or under the supervision of the facility)
- 1-800-752-8649 (For suspected mistreatment occurring in a long-term care facility perpetrated by a facility employee, vendor under the supervision of the facility, etc.)
To reach the Long Term Care Ombudsman:
- Toll-free statewide 866-842-9230
- Albuquerque, 255-0971 or toll-free 866-842-9230
- Las Cruces, 647-2095 or toll-free 800-762-8690
- Santa Fe, 476-4761 or toll-free 866-451-2901
New Mexico State Government Agencies
The following agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- New Mexico Adult Protective Services
- New Mexico Aging and Long-Term Services Department
- New Mexico Division of Health Improvement, Incident Management Bureau
- New Mexico Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- New Mexico Office of Attorney General
- New Mexico Resource Directory
New Mexico Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors against abuse:
- N.M. Stat. Ann. §§ 27.-7-14-31 Adult Protective Services or visit the New Mexico APS web site.
- N.M. Stat. Ann. §§ 28-17-1 through 28-17-19 Long-Term Care Ombudsman
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Oregon ...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Idaho -...
Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys - Arkansas Elder Abus...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In New Ham...
Where To Report Elder Abuse And Neglect in Marylan...