Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In New Mexico – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in New Mexico:
- 1-866-654-3219 or 505-476-4912 (For suspected elder mistreatment in the home, or for suspected mistreatment occurring in a long-term care facility by a perpetrator NOT employed or under the supervision of the facility)
- 1-800-752-8649 (For suspected mistreatment occurring in a long-term care facility perpetrated by a facility employee, vendor under the supervision of the facility, etc.)
To reach the Long Term Care Ombudsman:
- Toll-free statewide 866-842-9230
- Albuquerque, 255-0971 or toll-free 866-842-9230
- Las Cruces, 647-2095 or toll-free 800-762-8690
- Santa Fe, 476-4761 or toll-free 866-451-2901
New Mexico State Government Agencies
The following agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- New Mexico Adult Protective Services
- New Mexico Aging and Long-Term Services Department
- New Mexico Division of Health Improvement, Incident Management Bureau
- New Mexico Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- New Mexico Office of Attorney General
- New Mexico Resource Directory
New Mexico Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors against abuse:
- N.M. Stat. Ann. §§ 27.-7-14-31 Adult Protective Services or visit the New Mexico APS web site.
- N.M. Stat. Ann. §§ 28-17-1 through 28-17-19 Long-Term Care Ombudsman
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Montana...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Colorad...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Kansas ...
List of Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources ...
List of places to call for help if you suspect eld...