Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In New Jersey – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in New Jersey:
- Individuals wishing to report suspected elder mistreatment occurring in the home should visit the New Jersey Adult Protective Service Providers Link to contact specific county offices directly.
- If you suspect elder mistreatment in long-term care facilities, in state line call 1-877-582-6995 for help.
- Call 609-943-4023 to report suspected elder mistreatment in long-term care facilities, out of state line.
State elder abuse statistics and/or other publications, Available Here.
State Government Agencies
The following government agencies can help you find support, information, and additional resources for situations involving the care, abuse, or neglect of the elderly:
- New Jersey Adult Protective Services
- New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, Division of Health Facilities Evaluation and Licensing
- New Jersey Division of Aging and Community Services
- New Jersey Long Term Care Ombudsman
- New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice
Laws and Regulations
- N.J. Stat. Ann. §§ 52:27D-406-426 Adult Protective Services Act
- N.J. Stat. Ann. § 30:1A-3 Suspicion of Abuse or Exploitation of Resident of Residential Health Care Facility
- N.J. Stat. Ann. § 2C:24-8 Abandonment, Neglect of Elderly Person, Disabled Adult
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Oregon ...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Wyoming...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Arizona...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Kansas ...
List of Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources ...