Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Nebraska – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected vulnerable abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Nebraska:
- Call the 24-hour toll-free hotline at 1-800-652-1999 OR call your local law enforcement.
- To reach the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program from within Nebraska, telephone 1-800-942-7830. If calling from outside Nebraska, telephone 1-402-471-2307.
Visit the DHHS Office Locations By County Link for county specific contact information.
Visit the Nebraska Long-Term Care Ombudsman Map Link to contact specific regional Ombudsman offices.
Nebraska State Government Agencies
The following agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- Nebraska Adult Protective Services
- State Unit on Aging
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Health Care Facilities and Services Complaints
- Nebraska Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Nebraska Office of Attorney General
Nebraska Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors against abuse:
- Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 28-348–387 Adult Protective Services Act
- Neb. Rev. Stat. § 28-376 Adult Protective Services Central Registry
- Nebraska Office of Attorney General SAFE—Senior Anti-Fraud Education Program
- Nebraska Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Coalition
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Colorad...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Texas -...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Vermont...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Massach...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Delawar...