Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Montana – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Montana:
- Call 1-800-551-3191 to report suspected elder abuse in-state line.
- Call 406-444-4077 to report or suspected elder abuse out of state line.
To reach the Long Term Care Ombudsman (calling from within Montana) dial 1-800-332-2272. If calling from outside of Montana, telephone the Montana Senior and Long Term Care Division at 406-444-4077, or access a directory for regional contacts here.
Individuals wishing to report suspected elder mistreatment may telephone the state help lines listed above, or visit Senior & Long Term Care Personnel to contact specific county offices directly.
Montana State Government Agencies
The following Montana agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- Montana Adult Protective Services
- Montana Department of Justice
- Montana Senior and Long Term Care Division
- Montana Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Montana Senior and Long Term Care Request for Information System
Montana Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors in Montana against abuse:
- Montana Code Annotated §§ 52-3-201-207 Protective Services Act for Aged Persons or Disabled Adults
- Montana Code Annotated §§ 52-3-801-825 Montana Elder and Persons with Developmental Disabilities Abuse Prevention Act
- Montana Code Annotated §§ 52-3-601 through 52-3-605 Ombusman Services
Montana elder abuse statistics and/or other publications can be found Here.
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Califor...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Louisia...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In New Yor...
Where To Report Elder Abuse And Neglect in Marylan...
Michigan Elder Abuse Legal Resources - How and whe...