Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Louisiana – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Louisiana:
- 1-800-259-4990 (For suspected elder mistreatment, in state line).
- 1-800-898-4910 (For suspected elder mistreatment, out of state line).
To telephone the Long Term Care Ombudsman from within Louisiana, dial 1-866-632-0922. If calling from outside Louisiana, telephone 1-225-342-7100.
Louisiana State Government Agencies
The following Louisiana agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- Louisiana Elderly Protective Services
- Louisiana Governor’s Office of Elderly Affairs
- Louisiana Long Term Care Ombudsman
- Louisiana Office of Attorney General
Louisiana Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors in Louisiana against abuse:
- Louisiana Revised Statute Annotated § 14:403.2 Abuse and Neglect of Adults
- Louisiana Revised Statute Annotated § 15:501 through § 15:511 Abuse and Neglect of Adults
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Idaho -...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Iowa - ...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Virgini...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Delawar...
List of places to call for help if you suspect eld...