Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In California – Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation in California:
- To find county telephone numbers for reporting suspected elder mistreatment occurring in the home, visit the Adult Protective Services County Agencies listing online.
- To report suspected elder mistreatment in long-term care facilities, telephone 1-800-231-4024.
California State Government Agencies
The following California agencies can help you file a complaint against a nursing or long-term care facility, as well as provide you with additional information and support regarding senior neglect and abuse:
- California Adult Protective Services
- California Courts Self-Help Center: Elder or Dependent Adult Abuse
- California Department of Aging
- California Long Term Care Ombudsman
- California Attorney General’s Medi-Cal Fraud and Elder Abuse Bureau
- California Department of Social Services, Research and Development Division
- California Department of Corporations “SAIF” (Seniors Against Investment Fraud)
California Laws and Regulations
The following laws were enacted to help protect seniors in California against abuse:
- Cal. Welf. & Inst. Code §§ 15630-15632 Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Abuse Civil Protection Act
- Cal. Welf. & Inst. Code § 15700 Protective Placements and Custody of Endangered Adults
- Cal. Welf. & Inst. Code §§ 15703-15705.40 Protective Services
- Cal. Pen. Code §§ 11174.4-11174.9 Elder Death Team
- Cal. Pen. Code § 368 Crimes Against Elders and Dependent Adults
- California Bankers Association: Elder Financial Abuse
- California SafeState: Elder & Dependent Adult Abuse Media Campaign
- Citizen’s Guide to Preventing and Reporting Elder Abuse
- Elder Financial Protection Network
- California elder abuse statistics and/or other publications are Available Here.
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Utah - ...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In Colorad...
Where To Report Elder Neglect And Abuse In New Mex...
Helplines, Hotlines, and Referral Sources To re...
To report suspected elder abuse, neglect, or explo...